Yet another Samsung phone goes on fire. A Samsung smartphone exploded in the pocket of an Indonesian man. The phone in question was a Samsung Grand Duos model released in 2013.The incident was caught on the CCTV at Hotel Ciputra Semarang, where the man works. The man felt the warm feeling in his shirt’s pocket, as he tries to reach for his phone it suddenly burst into blue flames. As he tries to rip-off his shirt he fells to the ground, and a couple of second later bystander stepped in to help. Yulianto suffered minor burns, said local police, adding that the combustion may have been partly caused by the victim using Wi-Fi, GPS, and Bluetooth features concurrently when it happened.
WATCH: An Indonesian man had to rip his shirt off after his mobile phone goes up in flames.(Video: Rista Casmiaa/YouTube)
Posted by Channel NewsAsia on Thursday, 5 October 2017
Actually, this is not the first time that the Samsung phone has to deal with such explosion. Last year, the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 exploded, causing a huge loss to the company. The company had to replace the device, still, the problem remained, eventually the company had to recall the phone and kill it. Though, recently the company introduced the Galaxy Note 8.
However, this time the issue is different. After the investigation, the company found that the battery used in the phone was not manufactured by the Samsung or any other authorized by Samsung.
“We sincerely wish for our customer’s swift recovery, and strongly recommend all our consumers to use Samsung’s genuine or approved batteries that have been specifically designed for use in Samsung products.”
Though, the trend of the removable battery is slowing fading. Most of the company have started making the battery non-removable but only for premium smartphones. The incident showed that it is highly recommended that we must use the authorized and genuine products only.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.