Well, for most of us, owning a powerful smartphone has been a dream we see every day. After the introduction of OnePlus, the flagship killer smartphone began to pop up in the market. After OnePlus, another company started making the powerful budget smartphones, the Xiaomi. Again, the Xiaomi has introduced a new smartphone called Pocophone F1 with Snapgradon 845 chipset. The Pocophone F1 is officially launched in India. However, there is no any information regarding its launch in Nepal.
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 launched with lower price, high-end specifications.
With Snapdragon 845 chipset and other high-end specifications, it will surely a great threat to the so-called flagship killer smartphone like OnePlus 6. However, talking about its price in Nepal, I have kind of doubt, because, given the recent prices of Xiaomi smartphones, it won’t surprise me if it is priced at the same level of OnePlus 6. Still, we can just hope, the companies whoever will import, Vatsal or Teletalk, the Pocophone F1, will set a fair price.
Talking about the device, it comes with 6.18 inches, Full HD+, IPS LCD display, protected by Corning Gorilla glass (version unspecified). It runs on Android 8.1, with MIUI 9.6 (POCO customization) skinned on the top. However, the new UI looks and behaves very much similar to Nova Launcher. As you can already see the specifications below, however some feature to look for in this device is the liquid cool technology and industry-leading thermal performance. So, it should not heat up while gaming or performing a heavy task.
There is a couple of camera setup on the back, with 12MP + 5MP shooters. The camera looks similar to Xiaomi Mi 8 SE on papers, with the main Sony IMX363 sensor packing 1.4µm pixel and behind is the f/1.0 lens.
For selfies, there is also a 20MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture. Of course, the infamous notch on the top screen, which packs infrared lighting, face scanner and a separate lens that reads the light that bounces off the face.
The device also packs an impressive 4000mAh battery with 18W Quick Charge 3.0 capabilities, with a QC3 charge in the box. Similarly, it packs a stereo speaker, with one on the bottom and another being the earpiece.
Taking about its availability, the first sale will start on August 29, online only. It will be available in Graphite Black, Steel Blue, and Rosso Red. There is also a special fourth option called, the Armored Edition, with Kevlar back, better grip and higher scratch resistant.
- SIM (s): Dual SIM (nano-SIM, Dual standby)
- Display: 6.18-inches IPS LCD, 16M colors, Resolution: 1080 x 2246 pixels
- OS: Android Oreo 8.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- CPU: Octa-core 4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver
- GPU: Adreno 630
- Memory: 6 or 8 GB RAM, 64 or 128 or 256 GB of internal storage
- Primary Camera: 12 MP f/1.8 + 5 MP depth sensor, Dual LED flash, Panorama, HDR, etc.
- Secondary Camera: 20 MP f/2.0
- Battery: 4,000 mAh Li-Po non-removable with Quick charge 4.0+
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/c/b/g/n, WiFi Direct, Hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear- mounted), Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer, Compass, Infrared Face Recognition.
- Price (6/64GB): INR 20,999 (Rs. 33,600 or $300)
- Price (6/128GB): INR 23,999 (Rs. 38,400 or $343)
- Price (8/256GB): INR 28,999 (Rs. 46,400 or $415)
- Price (Armored Edition, 8/256GB): INR 29,999 (Rs. 48,000 or $429)
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.